Authentic Montana Log Cabin
Enjoy your mornings and evenings overlooking Flathead Lake watching the eagles from your own private cabin with covered porch.
Historic Log Studio Cabin Rental nestled in a cherry orchard with outstanding Flathead Lake views. Newly restored cabin with antique furnishings. The cabin is located 15 miles south of Bigfork. Perfect for 2 people, this log cabin rental can accommodate up to 4 guests. Great deck overlooking Flathead Lake and Wild Horse Island, with a short drive (or walk) to the State Park, public beach and boat ramp. Peaceful and private in the Flathead Valley of Northwest Montana.
Built in 1932, this log cabin was hand hewn from trees taken to clear the surrounding cherry orchards. Built as a homesteader’s cabin when the east lake shore was a very remote location with few families living at Yellow Bay. The cabin was used as a home for many years, then a cherry pickers cabin, and was in disrepair when the cabin was saved……..
In 1996 the cabin was completely restored, creating a warm cozy retreat with the charm of a by-gone era. Retaining the original logs, floors, windows and aged charm were very important, as were adding all the necessary modern luxuries.
The cabin has a queen size log bed as well as a small lay-down, futon-style couch. There is a fully equipped kitchen & bath, nice woodstove, and a deck with a gas barbeque. The cabin is furnished with everything you could need including pots, pans, dishes, wine opener, gas bbq, microwave, range, refrigerator, towels, bedding, books, games, etc. We also have wireless internet access. (No TV-No Phone, but cell phone service is available)
We hope that you enjoy this little piece of Montana History. It is a very special place to us and to all who come to stay in our little log cabin.
- Short walk or drive to the beautiful, crystal clear waters of Flathead Lake (largest natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi). A relaxing drive to Glacier National Park, National Bison Range, The Bob Marshall Wilderness, The Mission Mountain Wilderness, Swan Lake, Swan River, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Jewel Basin, and Native American historical sites.
- Minutes away you have the small town of Bigfork, known for its spectacular Summer Theater, friendly locals, annual festivals, numerous art galleries, unique boutiques and shops, and world class restaurants.
Contact Us for Availability
$235 / night – $1,400 / week
$190 / night – $1,150 / week
$145 / night – $850 / week
- Well behaved dogs are welcome. Add $10/night.
- 50% non-refundable deposit of your full reservation is required for confirmation.
- Add 7% Montana accommodation tax to total rate.
Credit cards as well as US and Canadian dollars accepted.